Sunday, January 5, 2014

Amazing... Wonderful... I will conquer my enemies in this...

So I decided that I would write about something other than cosmetics for once.

This is a dress that my friend sent me on Facebook.


This dress was made for the Spring/Summer collection in 1998 for the House of Dior. The designer is John Galliano and it is now at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Let's take a moment to appreciate this gown.


It's definitely influenced by the 18th/19th century but man is it gorgeous. Imagine being in this gown. Imagine the structure that supports its shape and how in order to get that shape, someone spent hours configuring the under metal skirt in order to align it just right. Even movement wouldn't deter the shape of it. 

I just can't...
It's so beautiful...
I want to wear it. I want to sleep in it. (Probably impossible)
I keep saying I want to conquer my enemies in it, and what I mean by that is that this dress would make me feel so wonderful and powerful. The gown itself has such a presence that it would captivate attention no matter who wore it.

I want... At least to see it. *-*

Deities, imagine wearing a large black jeweled necklace that had lace accents and tapered into a point. Imagine having your hair up with strands falling a bit loose and your wrists mirroring the jewels on your neck.
Sapphires... 
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment