Wednesday, January 29, 2014

fairest; (Ravenna) - The Things That Should Burn.

A/N: Many of you don't know this, but I participate(d) in a thing called online roleplay. This consisted of making accounts on social sites/sites designed for roleplay and portraying a character that was either developed from novels, film, bands, or celebrities or of our own imagination. These characters interact with other characters and exchange story bits to create a larger story. I've been writing as such for almost 9 years. (Holy crap, I feel old...) Since I no longer have time to write with an account, I decided I would write as the characters I love and develop on here as part of my "personal" section. 

So some background, today I will be writing as Ravenna from Snow White and the Huntsman. I started this character as soon as the film came out because I loveeee Charlize Theron as Ravenna. I turned out to be pretty good at it, even though she and I are nothing alike.. So, I'm not sure what I'll write, but something. Mind you this won't be fine tuned and edited, just a story, a glimpse into Ravenna. I might write a page or so about her and then write from there. Maybe I'll make separate blogs for each character, who knows! 

In no way, shape, or form do I claim to be Charlize Theron, Ravenna, nor do I share the same opinions as her. (I say this as a disclaimer.) I also edited these pictures, hence the "fairest;" marker. 

Anyway, off we go~ 

Btw, I made the gif below. Pretty cool, huh?







Years. For years, centuries, the world had developed into this...sickly sphere. It is disgusting. Women have no modesty, men have no honor, then again, seldom did I ever see a man with honor. The world is vastly different since I made my exit. I should have killed that wretched girl when I had the chance, I should have killed them all when I had the chance. Time has taught me that any compassions left in the organ I call a heart are worthless, pathetic, and yet I kept her. Like a master, fond of a pet, I kept her, watched her, taught her cruelty. I expected her to respond with a vengeance, much like myself. I was a fool to think that she would see my vision.

Even so, she is dead, that "fairest" Snow White and I remain. As she countered my magic and broke my spells, I found a new found anger deep within me. A rage that had not seen light since I took my first life awoken and I held onto that, I followed that rage into a slumber and now that I have awoken, I will take this world and give it the Queen it deserves.


------


Long blonde strands, piercing blue eyes, slender legs crossed at the knee. Out of everything, the confidence of the woman who sat in the executive chair was what stood out the most. How did she get there? It's not that difficult when you control a magic so dark and old the rest of the world has forgotten about it. To her left, a knight made of black diamonds, ready to do her bidding. To her right, a raven sat on the edge of the desk, pecking at papers that laid strewn across the desk. The only light in the room was produced by the glow of the computer monitor. 

Sqqqquuuaakkk. The raven suddenly croaked. A smile spread across Ravenna's lips, the sound of footsteps in the hall quickly coming down the hall. She leaned back, her arms rested casually on the arm supports of the chair, her nails picking at the ends. 

"Three." 

The footsteps grew louder. 

"Two."

Her eyes closed for a brief moment, preparing to speak to the first human in nearly three centuries.

"One." 

The smile grew as Walter Herald opened the door. The raven squaked at his entrance and he jumped back, papers falling to the ground as well as his phone. He was a stout man, balding, probably will die within the next few years from anxiety and stress. Ravenna's eyes evaluated the man, sneering. This man would be her financial consultant. Though she was not from modern times, it took her less than a year to learn what she needed about the world she lived in. Step one, conquer the finances. Step two, cause chaos in their social structures. Step three, coddle them like a poor child, needing of a mother. If all fails, enslave them all. 

"Who are you?" Walter was nervous, his hands shaking as he turned on the light. "Wh-what are you doing here?" His voice shook. How endearing, he was frightened, as he should be, Ravenna thought.

"Hello, Walter." She shifted her crossed legs. "I have a business proposition for you." 

"I-I-I-I." 

"Calm, Walter. We do not want that heart of yours to exhaust itself before I have had my fill of your services." Ravenna chuckled, the sound was soft but clearly still threatening.

Walter swallowed and looked at her. "I can't help you. I jus-"

"Oh, but you can." Her glance hardened, standing abruptly, she walked towards him until she stood before him. Her attired was a simple black dress with black pumps. Looking straight into his eyes, "I have... items that need to be sold, marketed, created into a..."
"...museum, Mi'lady." The knight spoke.

"...museum display." She continued as if the knight had not spoke. "As a curator and a man who deals with auctions, you could do that, could you not?" She didn't let him answer. "I believe in you, Walter." Fingers grabbed his tie, pulling him closer to her. The nail of her index finger traced along his jawline. "I have put an item, a rare tea set, given to me from the French royalty, in a safe, in your office. You have two weeks to display it, get interest in it, gather the people willing to pay 2.5 million dollars for it in a room. If you fail me, Walter..." Her nail dug into the side of his face, pulling down to open a large wound that instantly began to ooze with blood. 

She licked her nail, pursing her lips just slightly, as if she was considering her options as he screamed. He fell to the floor, holding his face in his hand as blood dripped onto the floor between his fingers. "I do not know what I will do with you, Walter." Her tone was playful, almost child-like. She grinned as Walter looked up at her, his fear palpable in the office. "This arrangement, you must not speak of to anyone." She held the index finger she cut his face with up to her lips, a hushing gesture. "My Knight will bring you the code in a night as well as the history of  the set." She turned away from him, gathering the raven on arm. 

"This here, is Valentine. He will be watching you and reporting to me. Should you misbehave, I will come back to punish you." And with that, she was gone from the office, as was her knight. The only evidence she left was the bleeding gash in Walter's face and Valentine who continued to peck at his desk.

------


In an instant, Ravenna was back in her Iron Castle. It was almost back to its former glory, just missing the touch of fear in the walls. She chuckled at the thought, throwing off her shoes and her modern dress, opting for a sheer chemise from her time, black of course. She sat at her throne, her eyes forward, body lax but prepared. She felt it, the presence in which she had missed. Finally, a toy.

"Miss me, dearest Sebastian?"

A deep voice replied. "Like I miss hell." Glowing eyes could be seen glaring in the darkness. 

"Oh, I am wounded." Ravenna feigned being hurt, her hand reaching out as a black tendril lashed out, grabbing a hold of the creature's wrist, pulling him into the center of the room where the moonlight could illuminate him. 







A/N: Heh, heh. Guess we'll find out who Sebastian is next time. ;) I really missed writing. I feel good while writing. That doesn't mean I think I'm an amazing writer, but I like it. If you have a blogspot account, tell me what you thought. If you're a roleplayer and wanna create a story with Ravenna, lemme know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment